Since the first of December I have almost completely stopped watching the national news. But this morning Joyce had Newsmax on and so when I heard that president Trump was getting ready to fly off in Air-force One for the last time I decided to watch and hear what he had to say. I admit that I was very sad to see him go because he has done so much for this great country and has been so unfairly treated.
As I listened to him talk I knew that his and Melania's hearts must be breaking but you could not tell it because they are such a class act. As he talked about the future and that we would see him again soon, my heart was saddened because though he may want to return: as we speak there is an effort to see that he NEVER gets back into politics.
I watched his plane until it went out of sight and thought about those who watch Christ Jesus ascend up into heaven. There is a big difference in the ascension of these two men. The one is a fallen creature, a sinner from birth. The Other the God-man who knew no sin. I know Donald Trump has some big plans which may or may not come to pass. (I hope they will).
But there are some things about the Other Man, Christ Jesus, that we can take great comfort in on this sad day in American history.
- HE DID EVERYTHING HE CAME TO DO. John 17:4 “I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do
- HE DID NOT BUILD A WALL. He tore down THE wall of separation. Ephesians. 2:13 &14 “But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath BROKEN DOWN THE MIDDLE WALL of partition between us; Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace”
- HE BROUGHT PEACE. Ephesians 2:17 “And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh”
- HE PARDONED A FEW. The difference between President Trump's pardons and those that God has pardoned is that those pardoned by the former can still be tried for crimes against the state. Those pardoned by the latter can never be charged again. Romans 8:1 “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit”. The former showed mercy to a few compared to the masses who are in prison. The latter did the same. Romans 9:15 “For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion”
- HE DID NOT LEAVE US DEEPER IN DEPT. When president Trump came into office the national debt was $19+ trillion dollars and today it has doubled to $27 trillion. Matthew 18:27 “Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt”.
- AND HE IS STILL IN POWER. Not just over the United States, but over the whole world. In less than 2 hours Donald Trump will have NO power at all as it relates to the United States. But of Christ Jesus Himself he said: Matthew 28:18 “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ALL POWER is given unto me in heaven and in earth”. HE HAS PUT JOE BIDEN IN POWER FOR A MOMENT. Daniel 4:17 “This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the BASEST of men”. The word basest in Hebrew means the lowest, lowliest. Don't expect anything better of Biden than we received from Trump they are both of the basest of men.
- AND HE IS COMING AGAIN:. I know that Donald Trump has some plans for coming back into public life. That will happen ONLY if the God of this universe has ordained it. But we as believers are fixed on the words of our LORD. John 14:1-6 “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I WILL COME AGAIN, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”
Just writing this out has lifted my spirits to the point that I am going to do something I said I would not do and that is to watch the inauguration. Since it is our LORD that put him there.
As a funny foot note: after writing the above I went in to listen to the inauguration and it was just over. Guess I didn't miss anything.