Give Glory to God
“Give unto the LORD the glory due unto His name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness” - Psalm 29:2.
How can we glorify Him?
- Praise the perfections of the Trinity. Adore and respectfully speak of the Lord and His attributes. Micah 7:18, “Who is a God like unto Thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retaineth not His anger for ever, because He delighteth in mercy.” Exalt the trinity.
- Rejoice in the salvation God decreed, accomplished, applies, and consummates. “Salvation is of the LORD” in its purpose, purchase, power, and perfection. The Father chose us unto salvation, the Son redeemed us, and the Spirit regenerated us and gave us repentance and faith and keeps us safe till we see Christ face to face.
- Believe Christ in Whom all the fulness of the Godhead dwells bodily. Nothing so honors the Lord like believing His Incarnate Word and His written Word. Walk by faith. “He that honoreth not the Son, honoreth not the Father which hath sent him” (John 5:23).
- Be faithful to attend the services. “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together as the manner of some is” (Hebrews 10:25). Public worship is the single most important aspect of a believer’s life. Discipline yourself to be present to hear the proclamation of the gospel. Your attendance pleases the Lord, benefits you and encourages the one who preaches and those with whom you meet.
- Delight in God’s providence and trust Him at all times. Complaining about one’s lot in life is not glorifying to God Who ordained all things. Rejoice that God rules and find comfort in His providence knowing He is working out His eternal purpose for His glory and our good.
- Live daily in a manner honoring to God. “Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things” (Titus 2:10). “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God” (1 Co 10:31).
- Read and study the Scriptures. Spend time in the Word. Saturate your mind and heart with it. Read books that are doctrinally sound, glorifying to God and edifying to the soul.
- Tell others of Christ’s person and work. You come into contact with people I will never meet. In many instances, you are their only connection to the gospel. Be faithful to the cause of Truth by declaring what God, in Christ, has done for you. Be a good witness; speak of the One who loved you and gave Himself for you.
Published: Jul, 22 2021 Updated: Jul, 22 2021