Eight Stubborn Statements
Here are eight statements which speak to the very heart of Christianity. These cannot be refuted and should not be ignored by any thoughtful person who is interested in the truth of God.
- Either the Bible is the Word of the living God, verbally inspired, completely infallible, or it is not (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- Either the Lord is totally sovereign, ruling all things by the word of His power, accomplishing His eternal purpose, or there is no God at all (Psalm 115:1-3; Psalm 135:6; Isaiah 46:9-11).
- Either God graciously chose whom He would save from their sins before the foundation of the world, or He has nothing to do with the salvation of sinners (Ephesians 1:3-6; 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14; Romans 11:5-7).
- Either all men and women, as a result of Adam’s fall, are born in sin, totally depraved, altogether helpless, spiritually dead sinners, or there is nothing essentially wrong with men (Romans 5:12; Ephesians 2:1-4; Romans 3:9-12).
- Either Jesus Christ actually redeemed, saved, reconciled and made righteous every sinner for whom He died on the cross or He is a pitiful failure unworthy of the faith of anyone (Matthew 1:21; John 10:11; John 6:37-39).
- Either the Holy Spirit regenerates spiritually dead sinners, reveals the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ and grants repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ or He has no part in the salvation of sinners (John 3:3-8; John 1:12-13; 2 Corinthians 4:3-6).
- Either salvation hinges upon the will of God or it hinges upon the will of man (Romans 9:15-18; James 1:18; Psalm 110:3). Salvation is by God’s free grace or man’s free will, it cannot be both ways.
- Either all believers are eternally safe, preserved in and by Christ Jesus throughout eternity, or all will ultimately perish in their sins (John 10:27-29; Romans 8:28-30; 1 Peter 1:3-5).
Published: Sep, 3 2021 Updated: Sep, 3 2021